Choosing the right wheelchair is not as easy as it sounds. If you are someone who cannot walk without assistance or sometimes even with assistance, you should consider going for a wheelchair.
The article will take you through some of the most important pointers that will make sure you make the right choice regarding your wheelchair.
Buying a wheelchair randomly can lead to many issues since there are many things to consider such as wheelchair type, usage, body size, durability, and many more. In the following section, we will discuss some of such crucial factors to keep in mind, while buying a wheelchair.
TechnoMono Saving For Wheel Chairs [Today Deals]
- Removable flip-back arms allow for easy transfer
- Dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi-level
- Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks
- ◉ THE LAST OFFICE CHAIR WHEELS YOU'LL NEED – Not all caster wheels are...
- ◉ DESK CHAIR MAT WILL NOT BE NEEDED ANYMORE – Our desk chair wheels...
- ◉ SMOOTH GLIDING IS AS QUIET AS A MOUSE – A squeaky, rickety office...
- 100% Safe Protection for All Floors – Stop damaging your expensive hard...
- Strong and durable – Maximum weight rating: 110 lbs. EACH wheel. The...
- Universal Fit &EASY Installation – Orders come with a set of five 2"...
- ★ THE ORIGINAL ROLLERBLADE CHAIR WHEELS - In 2016, we were the first to...
- ★ GUARANTEED NOT TO DAMAGE FLOORS - Encased with soft, smooth...
- ★ QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION - No tools needed! Universal standard size...
- FITS 99% OF ALL OFFICE CHAIRS - Our boxed set of premium replacement...
- VERY EASY ASSEMBLY - A simple 2 step assembly process, just take your old...
- PROTECT HOME AND OFFICE FLOORS- These 3 inch casters feature a hard...
1. Body Dimensions of The Person Using Wheelchair
Each person is different in its physique and body size and shape. Thus, it makes no sense to just go and buy a standard wheelchair. Consider things like body size, age group, height, and specific physical conditions of the person who requires the wheelchair.
Tell these specifications to the seller and he will suggest the most appropriate option for you to go with.
2. Electric or Self Moving Chair
It is mainly a matter of your preference. Some people feel comfortable with electric ones because of the increased mobility while some senior patients prefer self-moving chairs since they find it hard to operate electric ones. There are further two types of standard/self-propelled wheelchairs. One is self-propelled and the other is attendant-propelled chairs.
3. Consider the Surfaces/Floors
Before buying any kind of wheelchair first consider the surfaces on which it will be most frequently used. Take into account things like surface smoothness, friction, and floor design. Pick a chair that will move without sliding and losing control on your house floor.
You can also ask if you will be able to make adjustments to your chair in case you need to travel and adapt to the new floor. Keeping this point in mind will significantly improve the chances of you making the right decision.
4. Ask for a Quick Try Out Before Buying
This is important because buying a wheelchair is a huge commitment and investment. This is something you (or your loved one) will be using every single day. Hence ask your supplier if he is willing to let you have a test ride on his wheelchair.
This way you will be able to find out how comfortable that particular chair is for you and whether it needs some adjustments or not. If the owner is not willing, you can find other people online or even in real life who have used that model and ask for their reviews. The best thing to do, however, is to try out the wheelchair for yourself.
5. Always Buy Warranted Wheelchair
This point is as important for wheelchairs as it is for any other device may it be electronic or mechanical. Having a warranty will allow you to replace a faulty chair if it stops functioning or make repairs for free. Most wheelchairs that don’t come with a warranty are often of mediocre quality and get damaged after minimum usage. So, always ask if the wheelchair you have picked has a warranty or doesn’t.
6. Transport and Storage
Pick a wheelchair that can be stored with ease in case the person is not using it or you need to put it in your vehicle to move it from place to place. There are folded wheelchairs that you can also consider if you want to save up your space. These chairs are often less durable but can last longer if you take great care.
Do not buy an extra big wheelchair if you are going to travel with it in your car. Wheelchair storage is something most buyers often ignore which leads to many issues later so try to avoid making this mistake at all costs.
These are all very important points and one should never overlook any of these things when buying a wheelchair. All these tips according to the Wisconsin Broda wheelchair distributor Cherubini enterprises will guarantee that you end up with the most comfortable and durable wheelchair for yourself or your loved one.
We hope that this information proves of some value to you and assists you in making the best possible decision.
Relevant Guide And Reviews
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API