Job Interviews via Zoom have made interviewees rethink their Dressing choices.
The dress to impress mindset may not be a priority because of the set-up.
You have little chance of showing your personality with the camera angle restrictions.. So, how do you make sure that you make the best first impression during a job interview via Zoom?
Below are a few tips for you to keep in mind when dressing for Job Interviews Via Zoom in a Post-Covid19 World.
- 5 Top Rated Masks For Face [2020 DEALs]
- 1. Dress As You Would During In-Person Interviews
- 2. Avoid Distracting Clothes
- 3. Make Sure There Is Proper Lighting
- 4. Try To Look As Neat As Possible
- 5. Dress As Per The Company Culture
- 6. Do A Trial Run
- 7. Bonus Tip: How To Do Camera Framing
- Related Buyer’s Guide And Reviews
- Wrapping Up
5 Top Rated Masks For Face [2020 DEALs]
- High Quality DESIGN: Our black disposable face masks constructed with a...
- Breathable and Soft: These black disposable masks are designed to be...
- EASY TO USE: With the black side facing away and the metal bridge on top,...
- Hardcover Book
- Hashimoto MD, Dean (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- Our cotton mask is 100% cotton and provides a comfortable barrier against...
- This cloth face mask is made from two layers of different density cotton:...
- This reusable face mask can be washed by hand and hung to dry, or washed...
- 3Layers Offers Premium Protection and d Safety!
- 50pcs Dispos?ble Face_M?sk for Coronàv?r?s Protect?on 3-Ply Filt r,Adults...
- FREE Shipping! FAST Delivery in Only 7-15 Days d or Your Money Back!
1. Dress As You Would During In-Person Interviews
As a basic rule, dress the same way as you would during an in-person job interview. Make sure to keep things professional and don’t go overboard with the outfit choices. Although on Zoom there is going to be a restricted setting, you should still dress up the way you would for a regular face-to-face interview, so that you feel perfectly confident.
2. Avoid Distracting Clothes
Don’t go for clothes that are too flashy and keeps the focus away from the conversation. Avoid bright colors and large pieces of jewelry like big earrings and fancy necklaces just like what they teach you in attending the face to face interviews. Stick with the basic and fresh colors like white, light blue and baby pink
If you are the kind of person who likes to wear overly patterned clothes, you might need to tone it down a bit. Because again Zoom is a totally different environment according to the Emma Wallace blog. These patterns can create a fuzzy vibe for the interviewer, and you don’t want that.
3. Make Sure There Is Proper Lighting
Make sure that there is proper lighting in the room and you are sitting at just the right spot where you look the best as per the lighting conditions. This is not a must but if you are putting so much effort into your dressing, it doesn’t hurt to go a little extra and pay attention to the lighting as well. Try out different lighting settings and see how they work with your interview attire.
4. Try To Look As Neat As Possible
This goes without saying that you need to look at your best in terms of personal hygiene when sitting for an online job interview. Make sure that your face is clean. Keep your hairstyle polished and professional either by doing a ponytail or keeping the hair tucked behind your ears Look as bright as possible in the camera as this would leave your interviewers with a great first impression.
5. Dress As Per The Company Culture
Although we have talked about keeping things professional up there, your dressing choice would ultimately depend on the job that you are applying for. Review the company culture via their website to see what kind of fashion trends they are following. After that, it would be simply about aligning your fashion sense with the company culture.
6. Do A Trial Run
Once you have picked up your clothes for the interview and you have properly groomed yourself, you’d need to do a trial run. Open the webcam to see how the outfit is looking there. You need to take care of this at least a day before the interview. This would give you the best idea about how an outfit is looking in the camera. You can make changes as per the way you look.
7. Bonus Tip: How To Do Camera Framing
Make sure to set your camera at Eye Level. The frame should cover your entire face and the top half of your chest. You need to sit in a centered position relative to the camera and make sure that you are not looking down the camera. Also, look at the camera, not the little image of the interviewer showing up at the corner of the screen.
- Top 15 Most Comfortable Dress Shoes for Men [The Definitive Guide]
- Best 13 Mask For Coronavirus [2020 REVIEWs]
What looks good in person, might not look so well in a video job interview. So, if you want to look at your best, go through the brief dressing guide mentioned above. Make sure there is proper lighting, dress professionally, and don’t forget to test the camera before going into the interview.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API